Datacolor 45G® is the new benchmark for portable color appearance and gloss measurement. With an integrated gloss meter, the industry’s best repeatability, unrivaled inter-instrument agreement and the included Datacolor TOOLS desktop software, the 45G® has the performance needed to effectively control color and appearance in a complex manufacturing supply chain. Datacolor 45G® is useful for inspection and control of painted surfaces, plastic parts, package prints, automotive parts and other manufactured goods, producing measurement results that correlate better to visual assessment.
Inspection and control of painted surfaces, plastic parts, package prints, automotive parts and other manufactured goods
Best-in-class accuracy and inter-instrument agreement
The 45G®’s unique light source provides a full spectrum of visible light by simultaneously firing all 27 white and colored LEDs onto a patented reflective surface that guarantees consistent, stable circumferential illumination.
The illumination is dynamically optimized for high performance across entire range of white, black and bright colors.Because the 45G® also uses Datacolor’s powerful dual channel 256 point spectral analyzer, the spectral drift due to heat build-up commonly seen in some other LED instruments is not an issue.
Since the light from all of the LEDs is mixed together in a simultaneous pulse, there is no “shadowing” effect on textured surfaces that could degrade inter-instrument agreement. Datacolor 45G can be used to create digital standards for supply chain. Multi-level factory calibration of 45G® produces very tight correlation across units with average DE < 0.15 across 12 color BCRA tile set.
Measure gloss and color simultaneously
Gloss meters are used alongside spectrophotometers in the manufacturing of ink, paint, plastics and any industry where gloss needs to be controlled in the final product. The 45G® measures color appearance and 60-degree gloss simultaneously allowing quality control of both attributes in one step.
Correlates with visual assessment
45G® captures the effect of color, texture and gloss on overall appearance. The 45/0 optical geometry is suited to comparing surfaces that differ in texture or finish. The measurement detects changes in visual appearance due to base color or surface finish. Numeric color differences from 45/0 measurement offer the best correlation with visual evaluation. This is useful in a variety of applications such as automotive, paint and coatings, plastics, leather, vinyl, shiny fabrics, ceramics and others.
Desktop QC software included
Instrument comes with powerful Datacolor Tools Color QC software. Handheld device offers convenience and high accuracy while the desktop software offers powerful analysis and flexible data management. All standards and tolerances are set in Tools, then transferred to the 45G®. Batches are uploaded to Tools for archiving and in-depth analysis.
Bluetooth and USB Connectivity
Connect by USB-on-the-go or Live Link Bluetooth. Tethered mode for desktop use or use wirelessly from several meters away. Standards and tolerances are easily set on desktop and transferred to instrument. Instrument shows up as USB drive for easy data management.
Pass/Fail display on multiple tolerances
Standards can have up to three tolerances (such as L*a*b*, L*C*h° and DEcmc). 45G displays total pass fail along with pass/fail for each tolerance
Sleek design with low profile, side-action targeting foot and left or right hand operation makes it convenient to measure a wide range of samples. The color touchscreen displays the results clearly and allows access to main functions from simple icons.
- Carrying Case
- USB Memory Stick with Calibration Data
- Calibration Stand
- Calibration Tile care instruction sheet
- Targeting Foot Attachment
- Power Supply and Cord, with global connectors
- USB Connection Cord
- Datacolor Tools (Basic or Plus) Software CD
- Datacolor 45G® User guide CD
- Quick Start Guides for 45G and Tools
- Unrivaled Ease of use with “QC Central”
- Unique Spectral visualization of textured samples
- Configurable Layout and Workflow
- State of the Art Tolerancing
- Datacolor QTX Protocol – the Industry Standard
- Interactive Smart Graphs
- Full Backward Compatibility with Tools 1.x
- Modern & Reliable Design Architecture
- Design Link to Adobe Software ( .ACO and .ASE files)
- More information on Datacolor TOOLS
|ILLUMINANT AND OBSERVERS|
|SPECTRAL RANGE||400-700 nm with 10 nm output|
|DATA STORAGE CAPACITY||Up to 1,000 Standards with Tolerances and max 10,000 batches|
|INTER-INSTRUMENT AGREEMENT||∆E* < 0.15 avg. and 0.25 max for 12 BCRA Series II tiles|
|SHORT-TERM REPEATABILITY||∆E *< 0.01 on white ceramic, standard deviation on 20 measurements|
|MEASUREMENT RANGE||0 to 200% reflectance|
|MEASURING TIME||Equal or less than 5 seconds, from trigger to display|
|LAMP LIFE||More than 1,000,000 measurements|
|AC ADAPTER REQUIREMENTS||90 –130VAC or 100-240VAC, 50 – 60Hz, 15W max|
|CHARGE TIME||Equal or less than 4 hours – 100% capacity|
|MEASUREMENTS PER CHARGE||Equal or more than 2,000 measurements|
|OPERATING RANGE||50° to 104°F (10° to 40°C), 85% relative humidity maximum (non-condensing)|
|STORAGE TEMPERATURE RANGE||-4° to 122°F (-20° to 50°C)|
|COLORIMETRIC DATA (Up-loadable from TOOLS)||CIELab, CIELCH, CMC, %R, CIE 2000, CIE 94, MI|
|AVERAGING||1 (range 1-99)|
|TOLERANCES||DEcmc 2:1 D65/10, DE* D65/10, dL*, da*, db* +/- 1.0|
|DIFFERENCE DISPLAY||Numbers (vs. verbal)|
|CALIBRATION INTERVAL||8 hours (range 1-24 hours)|
|Introduction to 45G®
Introduction to Datacolor’s 45G® portable spectrophotometer For inspection and control of painted surfaces, plastic parts, package prints, automotive parts and other manufactured goods.
|View in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish or Chinese|
Datacolor 45G® – Portable Reference-Grade Handheld Spectrophotometer Presentation
Color, texture and gloss need to be measured and controlled in many industrial supply chains.
The complex supply chain developed to provide the hundreds of parts needed in today’s automotive interiors requires the coordination of color appearance and gloss on molded plastic, vinyl foil, fabric, paint and leather components.
- The Datacolor 45G® with Datacolor Tools software makes it easy to coordinate the appearance of the multiple parts and surfaces found in modern automotive interiors, enabling the communication of precise digital color and appearance requirements.
- The integrated 60 degree gloss meter in the Datacolor 45G® reduces time and effort by recording two kinds of measurements at once, while the Datacolor Tools software stores and archives both color appearance and gloss results in a single database.
- The unparalleled inter-instrument agreement of the Datacolor 45G® means that digital standards can be relied upon to communicate accurate color specifications.
Coil coaters need to formulate, control and verify consistent color and appearance throughout a run, roll-to-roll and lot-to-lot to ensure that their customer’s products’ visual appearance exudes quality
- Datacolor 45G®, when used with Datacolor Match Pigment software, produces the consistent and accurate measurements needed to accurately formulate and correct coil coating paint.
For Quality Assurance of pre-painted metal coils, the Datacolor 45G® is the perfect solution, with industry-leading repeatability and inter-instrument agreement enabling tight tolerances to be shared with formulators and end user fabricators.
- Fabricators need to ensure that their products visually match not only within a lot, but also what they produced last year and will produce next year. The Datacolor 45G®’s remarkable repeatability and inter-instrument agreement make it easy to accurately compare incoming material and guarantee consistent visual appearance on metal roofing, home appliances, commercial transportation and office furniture.
- With Datacolor Tools software, standards and batches are easily transferred between instrument and PC, enabling efficient review and archiving of color data.
Plastic Molded Parts
The appearance of plastic molded parts depends on color, gloss and texture, all of which can change in the molding process due to improper mixing of resin and colorant, temperature and speed variations, and mold wear.
- The Datacolor 45G® precisely and repeatably measures the effects of color and texture enabling quality personnel to evaluate and diagnose any production problems that may be causing changes in the appearance of their molded products.
- The Datacolor 45G®’s unparalleled inter-instrument agreement means molders can confidently communicate digital measurement results (including gloss) up and down the supply chain to their vendors and suppliers to improve color consistency.
- Product designers, who need to specify the appearance of plastic parts in multi-component products, will find the Datacolor 45G® an indispensable tool for ensuring proper visual harmony on parts produced by different vendors, with different textures, made out of different materials.
- Datacolor ToolsQC software is included with every 45G®, linking to the software as easily as a flash drive, which makes transferring standard and batch information as easy as downloading pictures from a digital camera.
Commercial and institutional furniture is composed of a variety of materials that need to visually match both within a specific material and across materials on specific products. Plastic, painted metal, fabric and wood components all need to present a uniform appearance in a commercial setting, visually matching products made yesterday, today and tomorrow.
- With its class-leading repeatability and inter-instrument agreement, the Datacolor 45G enables furniture manufacturers to efficiently communicate color appearance and gloss requirements to their entire supply chain, ensuring consistent evaluation of component parts batch to batch and year to year.
- The Datacolor 45G® makes it easy to check incoming materials for appearance and gloss with a single press of a button, avoiding “off-color” parts in final products that lead to customer complaints.
- Datacolor 45G®’s tight inter-instrument agreement ensures the appearance harmony required for large installations where dozens of office cubicles or hundreds of arena seats can be viewed together.
- The Datacolor 45G® includes the powerful Datacolor ToolsQC software, so supply chain partners can exchange standards and batch results to develop efficient digital channels of color communication.
Extruded vinyl building products require extraordinarily close visual matching because the siding, window frames, gutters and trim on a particular building all need to appear the same, even though they are produced on different machines or in different factories.
- The final appearance of extruded vinyl can be affected by temperature, the resin-pigment mix and extruder speed, so the precision and repeatability of the Datacolor 45G® enables extruders to quickly determine if the product is out of specification, eliminating waste and customer complaints.
- The combination of the industry’s best 45/0 spectrophotometer and a high-performing integrated gloss meter means that the Datacolor 45G® is the perfect instrument to drive efficient color communication digitally throughout the supply chain, effectively linking the specifications for all product lines.
- Using the reference-grade Datacolor 45G® for final inspection of all types of vinyl products ensures color harmony at every home installation and a happy customer.
- Since every Datacolor 45G® ships with the powerful Datacolor ToolsQC software, color standard specifications can be efficiently developed and quickly distributed throughout the supply chain.
Consumer electronics, like MP3 players, cell phones, televisions and home theater systems, are as much fashion and decorating items as entertainment devices, requiring high design and a striking appearance. Parts vendors for these products need to maintain very tight controls over visual appearance or risk rejection.
- The Datacolor 45G® precisely and repeatably measures components where color, texture and gloss need to be tightly controlled.
- Because each of these components may come from a different vendor and are made from different materials with different textures, product designers need the accuracy and inter-instrument agreement that the Datacolor 45G® offers to communicate appearance standards throughout the supply chain.
- With its integrated 60 degree gloss meter Datacolor 45G® is the perfect solution for managing quality control for incoming parts, measuring color appearance and gloss with a single press of a button.
- Because the included Datacolor Tools seamlessly integrates with the Datacolor 45G, color measurement results can be emailed to supply chain partners for QA compliance or product specification.
Ink and Paint
Ink and paint manufacturers need to reliably formulate new colors and repeatably produce established batch to batch, controlling both color and gloss to meet customer expectations.
- The Datacolor 45G® measures color appearance and gloss with a single button press, saving time and effort, while storing all pertinent data in the class-leading Datacolor Tools color QC software, which comes bundled with every instrument.
- The Datacolor 45G® has the industry’s best repeatability and inter-instrument agreement, allowing formulators to confidently communicate color measurements to partners, vendors and customers using reliable digital data.
- Digital standards and measurement results are easily shared throughout the supply chain with Datacolor Tools software, which comes standard with every Datacolor 45G® instrument.
- When combined with Datacolor Match Pigment software, the Datacolor 45G® is the ultimate formulation spectrophotometer, with an integrated 60 degree gloss meter to control gloss, and the reliability and repeatability needed to build accurate 45/0 databases to ensure accurate matches.